This five minute tip from author Bob Bentz answers the most popular question about website design: The first thing you do in web site design is not design for the desk top. Author Bob Bentz and host Matthew Cummings discuss why mobile is not a nice to have but a necessity.
Why it's Important:
57% of website traffic today is coming from mobile devices!
Listen to the complete interview here:
Mobile marketing is all about customer engagement and acquisition with a relevant message that provides the response a brand is seeking. Mobile is the closest a brand can get to its customer. What we’ll be discussing today is how a brand or business can take advantage of marketing in the age of mobile. Today's episode is hosted by Matthew Cummings.
Some of what we'll be covering includes:
- How did you get your start in mobile?
- What are your favorites tips for text messaging?
- Mobile advertising is the fastest growing medium in the marketing world today. What do you attribute that to? And, how can businesses best buy advertisements on mobile?
- More consumers are using ad blockers today. How much of a threat are ad blockers to the mobile advertising industry?
- Where is the best place to advertise to download an app?
Bob Bentz is the author of RELEVANCE RAISES RESPONSE: How to Engage and Acquire with Mobile Marketing. Bentz is a 1981 graduate of the Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism at West Virginia University and a 1983 graduate of Marshall University where he received a MBA in Marketing. After six years in broadcasting, Bentz founded Advanced Telecom Services in 1989. The company expanded to the United Kingdom, Canada, Czech Republic, and Taiwan and grew to $62.2 million in annual sales. In 2017, Bentz founded the mobile marketing agency Purplegator.
More from WVU Marketing Communications Today Radio