Marketing is an ongoing contest for people’s attention. Mobile marketing is all about customer engagement and acquisition with a relevant message that provides the response a brand is seeking. Mobile is the closest a brand can get to its customer. What we’ll be discussing today is how a brand or business can take advantage of marketing in the age of mobile. Today's episode is hosted by Matthew Cummings.
Some of what we'll be covering includes:
- How did you get your start in mobile?
- What are your favorites tips for text messaging?
- Mobile advertising is the fastest growing medium in the marketing world today. What do you attribute that to? And, how can businesses best buy advertisements on mobile?
- More consumers are using ad blockers today. How much of a threat are ad blockers to the mobile advertising industry?
- Where is the best place to advertise to download an app?
Bob Bentz is the author of RELEVANCE RAISES RESPONSE: How to Engage and Acquire with Mobile Marketing. Bentz is a 1981 graduate of the Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism at West Virginia University and a 1983 graduate of Marshall University where he received a MBA in Marketing. After six years in broadcasting, Bentz founded Advanced Telecom Services in 1989. The company expanded to the United Kingdom, Canada, Czech Republic, and Taiwan and grew to $62.2 million in annual sales. In 2017, Bentz founded the mobile marketing agency Purplegator.
Purplegator provides all things mobile marketing from its simplest (text message marketing) to its most complex (apps development), but the majority of its revenue comes from mobile advertising. Clients include O’Reilly Auto Parts, Papa John’s Pizza, Huntington Learning Center, Penn Medicine, and Baylor University. Bentz is an adjunct at the University of Denver where he teaches the online graduate level course in mobile marketing. For more, visit BobBentz.com.